Hey everyone! I’ve not been very well the past week or so, and after a trip to the doctors it’s been confirmed I have tonsillitis yet again. But, I’ve decided to take advantage a little bit and write up a short list of things that have made me feel a little better or have at least taken my mind off it for a little while.
These might not work for everyone, and as always if you are ill you should take the necessary medicines and visit you doctor instead of taking advice from the internet.
- TV & Netflix – watching your favourite show, or descovering a new movie is one of the ways I have managed to pull through a few more hours. I’m currently in the middle of watching Glitter Force on Netflix Kids (please don’t ask! haha) and I’ve fallen into watching Love Island on the ITV Hub.
- Youtube -Youtube will always be my friend, watching some of my favourite vloggers will always brighten my day!
- Taking a nice hot shower – Depending on what you have having a hot shower might not be the best thing, but it’s definitely helped clear my nose with the steam. Being lovely and clean will definitely make you feel better, even if you just put on a new set of PJs after.
- Blog – If you’re like me, sitting and doing “nothing” for too long can make you go crazy. This is where this post comes from really, the need to feel productive! If you don’t have a blog you can write in a journal, maybe even write up the ideas for that book you’ve always wanted to write?
- Nap – Getting as much rest as possible will help loads. I have my dog Kobi as a cuddle buddy, but you certainly don’t need one to just lay in bed and sleep it off as much as possible.
- Drink lots of water,juice, and hot chocolates – Make sure you get lots of Vitamins and keep hydrated. You should do this even when you aren’t ill, but let’s be honest not everyone drinks as much as they should every single day (I know I don’t!).
- Eat healthy meals – This doesn’t mean you have to eat a salad, but you shouldn’t be eating McDonalds either. You body needs the goodness of unprocessed foods to help fight off whatever bacteria is making you ill.
What do you do when your ill? Can you nap all day or do you need to feel like you’ve done something that day, like me? Let me know down in the comments!
Thank you for dropping by!